Bad breath can plague the best of us (and the rest of us)! Poor oral hygiene is not the only cause of bad breath. Common causes of bad breath are pungent foods, existing oral diseases, bacteria, deep holes in your tonsils, tobacco products and even GI problems. Here is a list of tips to prevent and eliminate bad breath.
- Drink lots of water
- Brush your teeth twice a day
- Clean your tongue
- Floss once a day
- Gargle with peroxide
- Use fluoride mouthwash
- Rinse mouth with water
- Chew sugarless gum
- Eat crisp fruits & vegetables
- Eat yogurt
- Drink tea instead of coffee
- Munch on parsley or spearmint
- Ease sour or acidic stomach with antacids
- See your Dentist every six months to check for cavities and gum disease that cause bad breath
If self-care tips do not stop your bad breath, see your doctor. Occasionally bad breath is a sign of a more serious problem, such as an infection, chronic bronchitis, diabetes, or kidney or liver disease.