Dentures are constructed to replace missing teeth, whether from periodontal disease, tooth decay or injury. There are several reasons to consider dentures that benefit both your appearance and your health.
- Ensure Proper Digestion – Chewing is the first stage of digestion. If you can’t chew properly, the processing of nutrients is disrupted. Dentures greatly improve your chewing ability, which not only helps digestion happen efficiently but allows you to eat a wider variety of foods.
- Improve Speech – It may be difficult to speak clearly if you are missing teeth, especially your upper front teeth. Sounds that require your tongue to touch the front teeth become difficult to speak. Dentures can greatly improve your pronunciation when speaking.
- Prevent Wear & Tear – Missing teeth causes your existing teeth to handle the bulk of the work. Your natural teeth can wear out from regular use, grinding and undergoing to much stress. Dentures takes the pressure off of your existing teeth.
- Help Jaw Alignment – Teeth tend to move towards spaces left by missing teeth. This leads to your jaw becoming misaligned and future tooth loss. With dentures, your natural teeth stay in place.
- Improve Appearance-Worn or missing teeth can force your lower jaw to move forward so your chin sticks out, your lips to thin and the sides of your mouth to droop. Dentures prevent this from happening. Your face looks younger and fresher.
It’s time to get your smile back. If you have any questions about dentures, feel free to call us at (417) 777-8654.